Now with USB 3.0 SuperSpeed for interface speed of up to 5 Gbits/s - that is 10x faster than USB 2.0. Buslink CipherShield 6TB 256-bit Encrypted External Hard Drive with Bilateral Access Mode safeguards and protects classified information when they are too important to be left in the hand of one individual. To gain access to the drive, authentication will be based on two unique Cipher Keys. Unlike its counterpart with collateral access method, this model requires both keys to be plugged in all the time while working with the drive. It is like getting a safe deposit box that takes two keys to open. CipherShield Encrypted Drive with Bilateral Access Mode is suitable for group setting where more than one individual are working on highly confidential projects. i.e. blueprints for company's next new products, top secret programs, highly confidential legal cases, sensitive customer records and financial information.
CipherShield design features a chip embedded in the access key which matches the chip on the controller board. Since CipherShield encrypts data independent of the operating system; removing the drive and connecting it directly to the SATA BUS will not defeat the encryption. Buslink CipherShield 6TB 256-bit Encrypted External Hard Drive with Bilateral Access Mode ensures high level of data integrity and security, thus supporting organization compliance efforts with federal regulations such as HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act), or Sarbanes-Oxley Act. CipherShield Encrypted Drive with Bilateral Access Mode will automatically lock down its content once power is shut off. And without both access keys, the data will not be seen or accessed in the event of theft or loss of the external drive.
- Part # CSE-6T-U3KKB
- USB 3.0 SuperSpeed for speedy transfer of up to 5 Gbits/s
- Backward compatible with USB 2.0
- Provides maximum protection with access requirement of two keys
- Bundled with two sets of unique Cipher Keys - a total of 4 keys
- Real-time hardware-based encryption encrypts and decrypts files transparently without any performance degradation
- FIPS 140-2 and NIST compliant AES 256-bit hardware cryptographic engine for iron-clad data protection
- Two options of interface between USB 2.0 and eSATA
- Plug and play for easy installation; no separate driver is required
- Storage Capacity: 6TB
- Encryption Strength: AES 256-bit Encryption
- Interface: USB 3.0 SuperSpeed
- Transfer Rate: Up to 5 Gbps
- GUID Partition Table (GPT)
- Dimension: 2.5" Height x 5.5" Width x 9.25" Depth
- Weight: 4.7 lbs
- GUID Partition Table (GPT)
- Windows Server 2003 and 2008. Does not work with Windows 2000 Server.
- Windows Vista and Windows 7. Does not work with Windows XP.
- Mac OS X 10.4.0 with Intel Processor
- BUSlink CipherShield USB 3.0 256-bit external hard drive with bilateral access mode
- 2 sets of security keys; total of 4 keys
- USB cable
- Power adapter
- User manual